Sunday, July 6, 2008

7.8 miles today. The temp is lovely but the humidity is not.
Yesterday I forgot to take my Claritin, and the weather was different enough than it has been that after about 15 minutes of running the skin-crawling awfulness started. I decided to cut my losses and walk. We had embarked on an 8-mile run and I figured I'd see just how bad it was if I walked. Normally I try to run on Sundays too, so I decided to just switch the long and short runs. As it turned out, even walking was unbearable unless I slowed it down to a geezer-like amble that confused every TNT runner who passed me. Of course yesterday was the day I decided to wear a TNT shirt to practice...

The roomie was also not feeling well, so we went home early. I ended up taking a long errand-filled walk last night, so I felt less lazy. Then this morning's run. Everything is leaden and tired. I hope I recover in time for Tuesday - our first hill workout.

I discovered something useful: I've been trying to drink a packet of Emergen-C every day in my bottle of water because they mentioned something a while back about keeping the C intake high, and I know as a general matter I don't get enough vitamins. Well I just looked more closely at the package, and it's got electrolytes and other good things calculated to help deal with hot weather. This may in part explain why I didn't get heat exhaustion like the roomie did last weekend. Go me?

No comments: