Monday, July 28, 2008

10 Mile Mark

I've now passed into double-digit running. On Saturday's GW Bridge/Palisades Park run, I ran 10 miles in 2 hours and 10 minutes. It was a beautiful morning, great breeze and sunshine. The roomie and I made a bathroom stop early in the run, which led us to a lower trail that ran right along the water. As one of the other runners put it later, it was like one of those Nike commercials with some woman running in the wilderness. Gorgeous greenery.

There were some freakin killer hills though, and those are definitely what slowed me down. A few times I simply started walking when I couldn't see the top. This will be San Francisco - and I will be ready.

As it was, I was doing 13min/mile. This is slightly too slow to finish the marathon in the allotted time, but I think I'll make it to under 12 min eventually. Last night I went for a quick 3.25 miler and I was faster than my last couple of short runs.

No comments: